Updated July 1, 2020
- Clarifying our sources of personal information
- Updating the description of rights available to California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act
Walmart Claims Services, Inc. is the casualty claims administrator for Walmart, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Walmart"), and Walmart's insurance carriers. We recognize the importance of information privacy. We strive to manage personal information in accordance with our core value of respect for the individual. This policy describes:
- Why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you and others to appropriately administer Workers' Compensation and liability claims involving Walmart. We also must adhere to various legal requirements concerning claims administration and reporting - including reporting of Workers' Compensation claim data, Medicare reporting requirements, Child Support Lien Network data matching, claim fraud detection and prevention, and applicable HIPAA requirements.
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. The personal information we collect includes contact information like name, address, and phone numbers.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Health and health insurance information, such as prescription numbers and health insurance identification numbers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
- Background and criminal information, such as background checks and criminal convictions
- Education information, such as degree and schooling information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How We Collect Information
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected through in-store technology
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
Examples of third-party sources are entities that help prevent or detect fraud and entities that provide documentation concerning your claim including, but not limited to, records from healthcare providers.
How We Use Your Information
Walmart Claims Services, Inc. uses your information to:
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations, such as administering claims
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement, such as maintaining public safety
Further examples include:
- Medicare Reporting
- Workers' Compensation data reporting to regulatory agencies
- Fraud detection and reporting
- Data matching with the Child Support Lien Network (CSLN)
- Reporting to Walmart and its insurance carriers
- Claim processing
How We Share Your Information
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies for a business purpose. We may share information about you with its insurance carriers and service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may share information about you with disability or benefit plans sponsored by Walmart and the administrators of and service providers for such plans for purposes of administering disability benefits for which you may be entitled.
We also may share your information in certain other circumstances. These include situations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or that the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of our associates, or any other person. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers and associates;
- Addressing crimes committed on Walmart property;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party:
We may share your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
|Types of Third Parties to Which the Personal Information Was Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Those we are legally required to share with|| |
|Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)|| |
We may share aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you personally. We may do this for actuarial analysis, research, and benchmarking purposes.
In the unlikely event that Walmart Claims Services, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring party.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a priority. We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information. These measures may include physical and technical security access controls or other safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the a ppropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Please visit this website periodically for changes to this policy.
California Privacy RightsCalifornia Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of our online account, and limit your use of in-store functions that require your personal information.
We do not sell your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please visit the website of the entity in the Walmart family of companies with which you made your claim. Information about the identity verification process and how to submit a request with our family of companies using an authorized agent is below.
Verifying Your Identity for Requests to Access or Delete Personal Information
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information. The CCPA also requires that we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
What personal information do I provide to verify my identity?
To verify your identity, we ask you to provide your:
- First name*
- Last name*
- Middle initial
- Email address1
- Phone number
- Membership number2
- Business name3
1only a required field for Allswell, Bonobos, Eloquii, Hayneedle, & Shoes.com
2only requested for Sam's Club
3only requested for Art.com brands
We may verify your identity in a few different ways. We've partnered with a third-party identification service to help us verify your identity and prevent fraudulent requests. When you make your request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us validate your identity. If you have an online account, we may ask you to log into your account and complete a one-time passcode step.
In some instances, we may ask you to provide other documentation to verify your identity. If this happens, we will reach out to you directly with this request.
What if you can't verify my identity?
If we can't verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
How to Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent
An authorized agent is a person or business who has authorization to request to know what personal information we have about you, to delete the personal information we have about you, or to opt out of the sale of personal information on behalf of a California resident. Authorized agents use the same links described above to submit requests.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, we require a valid power of attorney and a signed attestation form. If you do not have a valid power of attorney, we require a copy of authorization documentation and copy of the consumer's government-issued photo identification in addition to our attestation form. Our attestation form can be downloaded from the request form.
How do I send you my documentation?
If you submit a request on our website, you will be asked to upload this documentation when you submit your request. If you submit your request over the phone, you will be asked to email your forms to [email protected] Please note, you will have 10 business days to provide all required documentation.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments about this policy or about how your information is handled. You can contact us via the phone number or address below:Walmart Claims Services, Inc.
Attn: Compliance Office
PO Box 14731
Lexington, KY 40512-4731
Tel: (800) 527-0566
Modified: July 1, 2020